1:1 Financial Coaching Terms and Conditions
What is one-on-one financial coaching offered by abroaden?
Our one-on-one financial coaching sessions are a personalized service for individuals to ask questions to and receive guidance from a member of our coaching staff on their financial questions.
Difference between coaching and advice
While abroaden’s financial coaches have qualifications in wealth management, financial planning, and investment advice, the services offered during the coaching session do not constitute investment advice as defined by MiFID II or the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
Broadly, the difference between coaching and advice relates to the services rendered. Unlike advisors, our coaches cannot:
- Build a bespoke investment strategy on the coachee’s behalf that promises a target return
- Execute any investment activity on the coachee’s behalf (“discretionary management”)
- Earn fees from the performance of any asset or investment strategy executed by the coachee
- Make personalized recommendations on financial instruments
However, our coaches can:
- Answer your questions on financial products you’re researched to help you understand how they work
- Provide you with general recommendations on different types of investments
- Guide you through different tools, services, and regulated service providers that can make recommendations or enable you to execute your financial strategies or solve a financial, personal or legal pain point
- Help you build a budget and financial plan to reach your financial goals
- Constructively challenge your assumptions and thinking so you can better see the bigger picture of your existing goals and strategies
- Create an action plan for you to follow up on
- “abroaden” - the coach and/or coaching service provider; also referred to as the “abroaden coach” and is the operating name of “Abroaden Europe SL,” a Spanish Limited Company with NIF B01778547,
- “user” - the coachee or person receiving the coaching session.
- “session” - refers to the coaching package
Structure and scope of the coaching package product
abroaden’s coaching package consists of three parts:
A 45-minute initial video call
abroaden will arrange a video call meeting between the coach and the user for the session.
During this session, the coach will:
- Help to identify the user’s financial pain points Brainstorm potential solutions
- Make generic referrals for any product, service, or services provider that might be able to assist them in solving their pain point(s)
- Devise an action plan
An email summary of the conversation
The coach will share a summary email along with an action plan (if applicable) provided by the abroaden coach to the user. This action plan comes ‘as-is’ with no warranties or guarantees.
A 15-minute follow up call
abroaden will arrange a video call meeting between the coach and the user for follow up. This call will take place at a future date based upon the needs of the user and the agreement between the user and abroaden. (i.e. if you and your coach agree to speak in three months about your progress, you’ll schedule a call together at that time).
The user agrees to pay for the session in accordance with the price offered, subject to any discounts applied. Payment must be completed before the first session. Coaching fees are non-refundable unless abroaden unilaterally cancels the agreement to provide the coaching package with the user as laid out in this document.
abroaden recognizes that the user entrusts Coach with sensitive personal data in the course of providing financial coaching services. Coach will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to protect the user's personal data.
Scope of Confidentiality
Coach will maintain the confidentiality of all personal data collected from the user or received from third parties in connection with the coaching relationship. This includes, but is not limited to, the user's name, address, contact information, financial information, and any other personal or sensitive information that the user discloses to Coach.
Purposes of Processing
Coach will only process the user's personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide financial coaching services to the user
- To communicate with the user about the coaching relationship
- To maintain records of the coaching relationship
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations
Legal Basis for Processing
Coach will process the user's personal data on the following legal bases:
- Contractual necessity: Processing is necessary to perform the coaching services under the terms of the coaching agreement between the user and Coach.
- Legitimate interests: Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of Coach, such as maintaining records for the coaching relationship and complying with legal and regulatory obligations.
abroaden will retain the user's personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the data was collected, or as otherwise required by law. In general, abroaden will retain the user's data for the duration of the coaching relationship and for a reasonable period thereafter to comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Data
abroaden will not disclose the user's personal data to third parties without the user's prior written consent, except in the following limited circumstances:
- To third-party service providers who assist abroaden in providing the coaching services, such as cloud storage providers or payment processors
- To comply with legal or regulatory obligations
- To protect the user's interests, such as in the event of an emergency
The user's Rights
The user has the following rights under GDPR:
- Access: the user has the right to access their personal data and to receive a copy of it.Rectification: the user has the right to have inaccurate personal data about them rectified.
- Erasure: the user has the right to have their personal data erased in certain circumstances, such as if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Restriction of processing: the user has the right to restrict the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances, such as if the user disputes the accuracy of the data.
- Portability: the user has the right to receive their personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and to have it transmitted to another controller.
- Objection: the user has the right to object to the processing of their personal data in certain circumstances, such as if the processing is based on the abroaden’'s legitimate interests.
To exercise these rights, the user can contact abroaden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Policy
abroaden may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in law or in the way that abroaden collects, uses, or discloses personal data. When changes are made, abroaden will notify the user by email or by posting a revised copy of the Policy on abroaden’s website.
Compliance with GDPR
abroaden is committed to complying with GDPR and all other applicable laws and regulations. abroaden has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the user's personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Limitation of Liability
abroaden does not guarantee that the user will achieve any specific financial outcome. Neither abroaden nor the coach are not liable for any losses or damages suffered by the user as a result of the user's reliance on the information provided during the session.
- Coaching is not a substitute for professional financial advice. The user should consult with a licensed financial advisor before making any significant financial decisions.
- Neither abroaden nor the coach is not responsible for any losses or damages that user may incur as a result of the coaching services.
- The user agrees to keep all personalized information shared during coaching sessions confidential.
- The coach and abroaden reserves the right to terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason.
This government shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Spain. A customer complaint form is available upon request.
For more information, please contact email@example.com